Family Constellation Foundation TrainingThe Basic Training is offered in two parts of eight days each for a total of sixteen days. It is a deep self-experience on one hand, while on the other hand transmitting all the basic theoretical and practical principles of the Family Constellation work. Although it does not qualify anyone to practice psychotherapy as such, the training enables anyone already working with people to expand their skills and broaden their understanding.
Part 1: Healing the Roots
This part of the training focuses on:
- the parent-child relationship (family of origin)
- the man-woman relationship (present family
Participants learn how to recognise the hidden dynamics in a family system, and come to understand who is identified with whom, who has been and still is excluded, who wants to disconnect from the family matrix, and so on. We work with the systemic energy field, learn to distinguish entangled from healing movements, and with the guidance of the therapist practise to observe and diagnose what the movements of the constellation reveal about the inner dynamic of each family member.
Some of the topics covered:
- Understanding the three systemic laws in action: Belonging, Order and
- The main reasons why difficulties arise in the parent-child and man-woman relationships
- The function of conscience and the need to belong
- Resolving personal and family guilt
- The balance of giving and taking
- The victim-perpetrator dynamic
- The effects of spoken sentences that heal
- The difference between ‘blind love’ and ‘knowing’ or ‘conscious love’
- The interrupted movement to the mother
Level 2: Beyond Family
Some topics include
- Recognising and supporting healing movements (‘movements of the
- The interview before a constellation: how to gather relevant information
- tConstellations in individual sessions: working with symbols
- Steps to setting up constellations
- When to end or interrupt a constellation
- The functioning of systems other than family systems (such as work teams; organisations; the body as a system)
- Practise of constellation work
We include the latest findings and the most recent approach of how to work with family systems.
Prerequisite for booking: Previous experience in Family Constellation work or a personal interview with one of the training leaders.
Daily meditations are an integral part of this training.
Bert Hellinger (from a seminar transcript)